[Beckhoff] Visualisation of time constants & internal buzzer

Bridelance

Hi!

I'm currently working with a CP6607 control panel from beckhoff running Windows CE, but i have some problem with the visualisation:
when i display TIME-constants or TOD-constant the prefix of the constants remain. So when i use a TIME-constant (for example 5 seconds), it is displayed as: t#5s. Or with the TOD-constant it comes up as TOD#... .
I noticed that the visualisation on my pc (windows vista) doesn't have this problem, so i assume that visualisation of time constants isn't supported on a windows CE platform.
Is there a way to get rid of these prefixes?

My second question is about the internal buzzer of the PLC. (Like the buzzer on a normal desktop that makes the POST-beeps). Is there some kind of buzzer inside the PLC? An is there a way to use it?
I would use it to let the user know that there is an alarm.

Thx for the support!

I think you can cast it in the PLC (or maybe even in the visualization?) to a real via the TIME_TO_REAL(...) function.

About the buzzer I don't know, I've never worked with a CP.

Yeah, but then you lose the possibily to change the parameters: I could convert the parameters from time to strings and remove the prefix. But it will be impossible to change the parameter with a keyboard.

I already tried to trigger the internal speaker with a batch file, but it didn't work. Maybe there is no internal speaker.

I would simply define both a real and a time variable, show only the real variable in the visualization, and synchronize it every PLC cycle to the time variable via REAL_TO_TIME().