RSLogix 500 and "default project"

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've searched for "default project" and end up with hundreds of hits!

What I'm wondering is... Can you set up a .rss file to always didplay as a "default project" instead of having to "window" "arrange" "OK"? Some files open up properly, but I have others that open up with two or three open data tables, half of the screen blank, etc.

I know, it's not a lot of steps to make the project display like expected, it's just strange that it would suddenly open a certain way.

I bet someone has a trick that'll make any project open up as "default project" every time.

I never knew about this feature. Mine always opened in "project default". No matter what file I open out of the 100 or so I have, it always opens with the project tree window on the left and the ladder window on the right, maximized to the current window size.

Edit:
Playing around a bit, I think I found your problem.
Under the File menu is the "Load/Save Workspace".

If you want everything to open as Default Project, just delete your saved Workspaces, or save the "Default Project" as your Workspace.

A feature I never knew about.

Edit Again:
Under Tools -> Options...
System Preferences.
Checking the "output window arrangement" will save things like opened data files in your Workspace. Without it checked, only the open Ladder and Project tree window size/location seems to be saved.

Another feature I never knew about.

Last edited: