Dint to Int and Int(F)

Orn Jonsson

Hi all.
Transferring data back and forth between Compact Logic and AB PowerFlex 40p. (Ethernet IP).

All parameters in the Drive are INT. Commanded position is INT (High) and INT (low). Low is for 2 decimals.

I would like to enter my position data via the touch screen as DINT (2 assumed decimals).
For example "123.45" would have to split up in to 123 in INT(high)and 45 needs to go to INT(low).

How do I isolate 123 from 45 and place in two INT? (de-concatenate)?
:sleep:
Thanks

Last edited:
What about rounding daba?

Do this:
Code:
iLow := OrigVal MOD 100;
iHigh := (OrigVal - tInt) / 100;
ps. i dont know how compactlogix handles integer division rounding, dabas could work too.

DIV, with all arguments of an integer type (DINT, INT, or INT), will perform integer maths, and will truncate the result -

so...
45650 DIV 100 = 456

You will get the same answer if your divisor is a REAL (tag or literate)...
45650 DIV 100.0 = 456

BUT and a big BUT, only when the number is even.
Look at this one...
45750 DIV 100.0 = 458Logix5000 systems use the "Round-to-Even" algorithm, where .5 results go up OR down, to the nearest even number.

Last edited:
MOD with REAL

Thanks a lot for the info "daba" and "Turpo". I had no Idea that MOD existed. Now that I read up on things a bit I am leaning towards using:
Enter data in REAL with two decimals on the touch screen, use TRN to truncate and put result in INT high. Then Do MOD on same REAL number and put result in INT low.
Will test this on site in a an hour.
🍻