Problem with RS View32

sourabh605

Dear All,

I am facing following problem with RS View 32 V 7.20.

1. Not able to creat new projest in Programmer Latop, as it is showing error "Unable to Launch VBA Server"

2. A running program on a Win XP PC stopped suddenly and giving message "RS View Inernal Error[800706ba],Invalid installation Pls install RS View again". After restarting the PC I was able to start the program but I don't know how it came.

Pls Help.

If I am reading you correctly You have recently installed RSView 32

After a new or updating of RSView 32 it is always necessary to reboot your computer in order for RSView 32 to to set its self up correctly

So your reboot was required in order for your RSView 32 to work.

Which Service Pack of XP are you running?

Have you recently installed a new Program or a Windows Update?

Stu....

It is wise to disable automatic updates on RSView (any flavor). Apply them manually, one by one with discretion to their validity for your application.

Some of our plant PCs somehow keep getting updated anyway, nary a keyboard accessible but somehow perhaps IT has a top secret update agent, but once you kill automatic updates RSView32 is somewhat stable in my experience. I did have a 6.2 version that needed a weekly reboot (after a month some memory leak would kill part of the alarm system).

I suspect in your case, a one off windows or even hardware hiccup.

If the problem returns, I would search the forum for how to clear (delete) certain cache files in the Project folder.

Thank you all for ur replies,

Finally it was diagnosed as a Hardware issue, I called IT people and they checked the system Diagnosis and Replaced the RAM.

Now the System is running well for last 1 week.

1. Not able to creat new projest in Programmer Latop, as it is showing error "Unable to Launch VBA Server"
The internal error may have been dur to the RAM, but the "Unable to Launch VBA Server" happens when you try to run RSView programs on a laptop that is not connected to the normal PLC. The Visual Basic server cannot get messages through when there is no external connection. The VBA server connection can be temporarily disabled to allow testing. I always forget to re-enable after reconnecting to the PLC, and then get some real run-time problems!

What I had to do to get past the dreaded "Unable to Launch VBA Server" in RSView32 version 6.30.17 running on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3:

Apparently Windows Automatic Updates replaces some of the VBA (Visual Basic) files with newer versions that the old RSView does not recognize or cannnot use.

First, create a Windows Restore point (backup) so that you can put things back if this fix does not work for you.

Then, what I did was, using Windows Explorer, open the original RSView32 installation CD disk and find the directory named "vba". Copy the DLL file "FSIVBA.DLL" to your WINDOWS, SYSTEM32 folder. Also, in the "vba" folder, there are two other folders called "409" and "core". Open each of these and copy ALL files (not the folders, but copy the individual files) to your "WINDOWS, SYSTEM32" folder.

After doing the above, I restarted my computer, and my RSView32 program would run and get past the "Unable to Launch VBA Server" error.

If you want to continue to use the old software, it is probably best to turn off automatic updates. Otherwise, you will be "updated" to the point that it no longer runs.