ABB DC Drives

TLearnC

I am communicating to several ABB DCS-600 drives via PROFIBUS. I am able to control the drives just fine. However, since these are DC drives, they also have field drives associated with them. The problem that I have is that my PROFIBUS network is only connected to the armature drives, and not the field drives. If there is a fault on the field drive, I want to be able to reset it via the PROFIBUS link.

I have read in the ABB manual that you can send the ON command to the field drive to reset a fault. It says that you can do this via the FEX link between the two drives.

Is it possible to set some parameter in the armature drive in order to reset a fault in the field drive? Obviously, according to the manual, sending the ON command would be adequate. Is there such a parameter in the armature drive?

Thanks.