RSL5000 Scaling outputs

robw53

im after alittle help with scaling 3 seperate values to 4-20ma on a 1769-OF2, what ive got is 3 sets of load cells coming from 3 silo's through a devicenet module, the silo's hold upto 80 ton of flour each, when i look at the devicenet tags the values are already in KG so they display as 80000kg, 65000kg, 38000kg for example, what i then want to do is use the CPT instruction to then scale them between 0-32767 (raw data) this card then feeds the 4-20mA to a Telemetry panel which our supplier then uses to sort reorder levels automatically.

what im not sure about is how to go about getting the equation for this, any help would be most appreciated

cheers

Forgive me for my ignorance. Are each of these going to seperate 4-20ma outputs?

If they are then your equation is:

Counts (Out) = (32767/MaxWeight)*CurrentWeight

You could also just use a SCL block.

yes each has its own 4-20mA channel for each silo.

i know this!!!! how stupid of me lol why was i thinking i needed something more complex,:sick: i looked at some scaling in screen prints from other posts and it made it look real complex.

yes each has its own 4-20mA channel for each silo.

i know this!!!! how stupid of me lol why was i thinking i needed something more complex,:sick: i looked at some scaling in screen prints from other posts and it made it look real complex.

LOL...no worries...all of us have a brain **** now and then