Lost on a Click PLC

gilbertgloob

Yes...I'm new at this. I wanted to use this Click PLC to control a break bell. I read the manual, but it doesn't really explain subroutines in detail. Could you have a look at the .ckp file, and maybe steer me in the right direction?

Thanks sooooo Much!!!

Gil

you could use the drum in the main no need to put it in a sub unless you are just trying to learn subs?

I dont have one of these here to play with but try using c11 (just a no contact) as your reset

dont think the subs your problem I think its your drum. it looks like at the start of your scan you turn on c1 and its resetting your drum before it has a chance to run then it justs returns ot of the sub

also after looking closer the subroutine will only be called for 1 second at each call I'm not real sure but I think your sub just returns to the main and it wont wait for the drum to do its thing. I would not use anything time based in your subs.
best regards, Steve

also after looking closer the subroutine will only be called for 1 second at each call I'm not real sure but I think your sub just returns to the main and it wont wait for the drum to do its thing. I would not use anything time based in your subs.
best regards, Steve
I guess I don't understand how the sub works. I thought it would return to the main program after all the rungs did thier thing. I used the one shot to start the sub, and perform the reset of the drum, assuming it would need to be reset to run at the next call. and then c2 would latch the enable for the drum.

Thanks,

Gil

you could just use some bits say c21...c26 in parael to turn on c2 and use it to start your drum forget the sub its better not to try and do time based stuff in there. think about it and have fun. check out some of the advance math in this little thing there pretty cool.

you could just use some bits say c21...c26 in parael to turn on c2 and use it to start your drum forget the sub its better not to try and do time based stuff in there. think about it and have fun. check out some of the advance math in this little thing there pretty cool.

Thanks for the advice..I think i will abort the sub stuff.
Thanks for all the replys!!

Gil

your welcome
even though the click is call the allmost free plc, you can by a time clock for less but it would not be as fun!!