Kinetix 6500/ControlLogix Jog End of Stroke

keshik

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi. I have a system that has a Kinetix 6500 and a ControlLogix L-72 processor communicating over Ethernet/IP. I'm wondering what the best way to deal with actuator end of stroke situations when using a jog. The way I understand the Logix5000 jog is that it is a closed loop command. It is expecting the jog speed to be maintained indefinitely (which doesn't work well when it hits end of stroke). What is the best way to handle this? Is there no open loop jog command that I can issue?

Thanks!

From you jog input use the opposite contact with a ONS to trigger a motion stop command, so that means when you release the jog command signal you issue a get a motion stop command.

Alan

Shoot, I should have been more clear. I have it stopping already when the jog button is released. My question is, what about if they keep holding that button down and attempt to jog it through the end stop (inadvertently or not).

Try monitoring the Torque command or feedback and If that exceeds a preset value then raise an alarm and stop.

The other method is to use software position limits - set in the properties of the axis also GSV SSV