RF signal propogation - Telemetry system

KKSS

Dear all

Iam onto a telemetry project, wherein RTUs should communicate through radio modems. i need to conduct a RF signal propogation study and submit a report to the customer. Can any one suggest the ways and means to conduct RF signal propogation study. Also please let me what will be contents of such report.

I've had to do those before, but I've always hired them out to someone that specializes in that kind of thing.

I had to give the guy info on the locations and equipment, with antenna heights.

The report had all sorts of technical stuff about antenna gains and stuff, but it basically just told us that our proposed setup would work as expected.

I think he had some specialized software to compile his data.

Sorry I couldn't be of much assistance, but if you're not sure what your doing, I would suggest hiring an expert.

I also subcontract this work. The report indicates the required antenna heights, signal strengths and losses from location to location, frequencies available, lat/long of each location, any interfering signals, any objects that disrupt the signal (mountains or large buildings etc.)