Red Lion G3 and Ultra 3000

Rick Densing

I am trying to use a Red Lion G306 to change the index positions and speeds on a Ultra 3000 drive via RS-232.

I see Kolyur was successful here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=22687

I am just having a little trouble setting the tags. I tried a gateway block, which works great for reading current position and velocity, but keeps writing a zero to my positon block. Anyone have any advice on how to configure the tag?

Thanks

I am trying to use a Red Lion G306 to change the index positions and speeds on a Ultra 3000 drive via RS-232.

I see Kolyur was successful here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=22687

I am just having a little trouble setting the tags. I tried a gateway block, which works great for reading current position and velocity, but keeps writing a zero to my positon block. Anyone have any advice on how to configure the tag?

Thanks

If you are going direct from the hmi to the Ultra you wouldn't need gateway blocks. You will be able to create data tags and map them to the appropriate values in the ultra. Feel free to email me your current file at [email protected]

Thanks
Jeremy