Micro 800 Series Experiences

califflash

I have seen here that some people have tried the new AB micro 800 series of PLCs. I was just wondering what your impressions were now since your installs. Especially since Rockwell has supposedly fixed the firmware issue.

I'm looking at using an 830 to control a condensate collection and distribution system to be installed at my refrigerated plant. I'm looking at the 830 as a cheaper option to a ml1500 setup since I have a large number of float switches to monitor plus pump interlocks and an analog sensor. There's not a lot of processing power required for the application.

I was just wondering if someone else had used one with a high number of I/O with a simple program and what your experience was.

Hey man I appreciate the offer. I had to finish a refrigeration check. I posted my original message while defrosting an air unit. No need to get short.

I finally got another little project to use the tiny Micro810 on. Four inputs and two outputs; the prototype used a "smart relay" but the end-customer wants the A-B brand.

It saves a crucial inch of DIN rail space and a couple dozen dollars over the smallest MicroLogix 1000, and I get to give the CCW software a shot again. I'm ordering nine of them tomorrow.

I'm starting the download this evening. Has the software been updated since it's release? I recall a few people having issues with it. This microplc series has me really excited now. I didn't take much interest when they came out. I primarily do projects dealing with motor control with digital inputs so nothing processor intensive. The cost savings should enable me to do a lot more. And if I have any data logging or complicated math to do I should be able to offload that to a red lion g3.

I'd like to hear how more about your projects with them.

Hey man I appreciate the offer. I had to finish a refrigeration check. I posted my original message while defrosting an air unit. No need to get short.
not short just a late night jab at humor. The offer still stands. I have downloaded the software but have not had time to play with it so I cant tell you much about it. I dont think I'll be using these things. Their Footprint is a slight bit larger than the basic ml1100. and they dont have built in e-net wich is a must for me now days. the one I have has 4 emtpy slots so if your adding I/O it could save rack space.P.M me if you want it
best regards ,Steve