Communication OPC Client-Server via DataSocket

naranjof

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to implement a CVI client into a OPC server (KEPServerEX) via DataSocket. My problem is that I can connect to the server (because I see that the number of clients increment) but I can't read nor write any value. It is very strange, since I tested the same CVI client using MatrikonOPC Server for Simulation and it worked just fine.

In the KEPServerEX, I'm choosing the option "simulate device" and choosing localhost (127.0.0.1) as the device ID.

I hope you could help me, I really need to implement this OPC server, since I will use about 3 or 4 PLCs (different brands) and this is the only OPC server that includes already the drivers of the brands that I'd like to use.

Last edited:
I solved it. I realized that I needed to create another channel for the OPC DA, and then just redirect the same tags that I'm using in the Ethernet PLC channel.

So it works now. I'm able to read & write data from my OPC client application implemented in CVI via Datasocket.

Thanks a lot.