Looking for an inexpensive replacement IPC

woodj313

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking to see if anyone can recommend an inexpensive IPC. We are currently using the Proface PS-3710A, that is configured with 1GB Ram, 60GB HDD, 120VAC power source.

Link for product specs:
http://www.profaceamerica.com/cms/resource_library/datasheets/0d310313d6482029/ps3710a_ta2_ac_f.pdf

Essentially I'm looking for a 15" touch panel IPC running Win XP. Nothing fancy, just runs a VB app thats connected to a ControlLogix.

The Proface model is in the $3000 range and I would be interested to see if anyone can recommend any less expensive alternatives similar to above.

Thanks!

Fanless panel PC, ATOM based, under $1500.

I'll add here (as I always must), that I have long since stopped being a fan of all-in-one panel PC's. Great concept, but expensive when the backlight fails (which it will) and you have a useless device. Repair costs are exceedingly high as well. I prefer now to split things apart, and I use a complete, stand-alone fanless PC like this or this, coupled with a touch monitor.

I can run them off of nice, clean, battery stabilized 24VDC power, and I separate the display from the computer (and the computer from the operators!).

Dell desktop=$600 (remote, filtered, air conditioned = +$1500-$3000*)
50ft. cables=$100 (or remote KVM over IP with Digi or others = +$750ish*)
15" SVGA Touch (whatever is on sale)=$1500
New stainless Hoffman door for the common off the shelf cutout = $300ish
Getting someone to cut a big square hole in it to your specification = Pricele$$

*one time investment (Digi failures are rare and call for opt0-isolators)*