Simatic manager license corrupt

jamestierney

Hey all,

I have a floating license for Simantic Strp 7 Pro 2006 V5.4.

This license has become corrupt.
I have the same license installed on an older PC.

I have transferred the license to USB but I don’t see how I can import it to the problematic PC.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Do I need to delete the corrupt license first?

Thanks in advance.
James

Highlight a key, and then if you click the 'Licence Key' tab you will have
an option to transfer it onto another drive such as a usb key.
You will need the Automation Licence manager on the new computer to transfer the key to it.

Use the most up to date version of Automation License Manager. The old version wasn't as good in my humble. As Liam says, you can just transfer your old one on to a USB stick and then transfer it off the stick into your pooter.

If this one is corrupt too then you can contact Siemens and they can 'reset' it for you over the phone. You just need to provide them proof that it's a pucker license.

;-)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I got it working.
For some reason on the new PC, the left side of the license mgr wasn’t showing (where you can transfer from USB).
I logged in with a different user account and then I could view the complete window & the USB drive to transfer the license.

Still cant get the view right on the first account though.

Cheers,
James