S7-1200 & windows 7

crbound

Hopefully I'm not the only one having this problem.

I have a new S7 1214C and am trying to connect it to my laptop running windows 7 pro 32 bit. Per the factory I'm using TIA portal version 11 which Siemens says is designed specifically for windows 7.

I've tried everything including firewall changes via TAC, XP mode,shutting down all other applications...

Now Siemens thinks I need a USB Ethernet adapter to go around my internal ethernet port.... Frustrating.

Any suggestions??

Hello

Try in project tree right click on the cpu, and compile all then down load all. When extended download to device screen appears check the accessable devices box. Does does cpu appear. Are you able to flash the LEDs on the cpu from this screen. If yes would say not problem with port. Finish download.

Tom

Last edited:
S7 1200 & windows 7

Hi Wolverine...

It compiled all sucessfully no errors but when extended download appeared I entered the type of PG/PC interface PN\IE then the PG\PC interface. Scan started then stopped and said "use show all devices as you suggested. I mark the box and the scan started again but it continues to scan never stops.

Have you checked to make sure you have the right firmware version selected for the version of CPU you have? Is the CPU 2.0x firmware or 1.x?

Hello

Just to verify when attempting to flash leds highlight the device in the Accessable devices in target subnet.

Your link is from your laptop directly to cpu?
No problems with cable?
Could you post some screen shots?
Is the cpu new or have a stored program?

Also
Here is a link to download a tool that will allow you to set the IP address of the 1200 without Step 7 V10.5 Basic.

"How can you change the IP address of an S7-1200 PLC without STEP 7 Basic?"
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo〈=en&objid=41737436&caller=view

Last edited:
The PLC is new and the box says FW-STAND V01.00.02. In my ver 11 TIA the selected CPU shows version 2.1. I have two I&C techs with IBM thinkpads loaded with XP, and they are using TIA 10.5. Both of them can connect to the PLC and flash it no problem.