Step 7: Bit Move in FB

gdglisch

Hello,

I am writing an FB in Siemens Step 7 and want to move some of the inputs (bits) into their corresponding bits of a control word that is being sent out to a drive. I am doing this in an FB so I do not want to use any M's or DB's. Does anybody have any suggestions or know how I can do this? Thanks in advance.

want to move some of the inputs (bits) into their corresponding bits of a control word
what datatype is the controlword? PQW? MW? DBW?

A better explanation will aid you faster to your answer.

I am trying to change individual bits in a word define inside of my FB. Then I will move this word to the defined output, which will be a PQW in the call.

I got that to work. Now I have the problem of getting a status word from the drive and breaking it down into bits that i can use. I want to take the status word into my function block, break it down into individual bits and output those bits in the FB. I thought that i could just move the piw into a structure but it will not let me do that. Any suggestions?