SCB41-V1 - access PLC memory via rs232

TSRR

Hi guys
I have taken over an existing PLC (CS1G CPU42H) project, and would like to modify it slightly. Unfortunately I am very new to ladder logic, PLCs and the like. The OMRON PLC currently takes in data through the RS422 port on the SCB41-V1, and displays it on an HMI screen. I know exactly where the data is stored on the PLC memory, but am unsure how to access it. I would like to be able to use a PC to access these memory banks via the RS232 on the SCB41-V1. Can anyone offer me any help to get me started? I think I might need to use the PMRC function in CX programmer?
many thanks
Tom

Last edited:
Just click the Memory tab in the Project tree
you will get the screen shown.
Just select what data type or area you want to look at, and turn the animation
on using the circled button.
The application I have shown is for NSJ but will be similar for your PLC.
Data display types can be changed using the button row above the red circle.

omron data.jpg