Sequencer flashing conveyor lites

chanal

HELP....2nd year mechatronics student...have gotten behind WOW...k i have written a program for an Allen Bradley SLC 500 conveyor that simply measures parts...small, medium, large with a light color for each corresponding....when parts r "OUT OF RANGE" all of my conveyor lites are supposed to flash...ok..lost in the sequencer issues.understand that they MASK but what is THAT? I need an idiot proof or sequencer for dummies level of intelligence explanation... FYI my instructor decided to wait till second year to show us the sequencer way of doing things..FIRST YEAR we did everything the HARD WAY...

Yeah...seems harder to me also...but this is one of our "Projects" he initiated...guess thats just his way of teaching..He definitely wants Sequencer for the flashing lights....gonna check out your links

THANKS!!!!!!

He definitely wants Sequencer for the flashing lights....
Here is a program for an Allen Bradley SLC 500 that uses two Sequencers to flash lights in rows and columns. You determine the flash pattern by setting the numbers stored in memory. The sequencer loads these numbers in order and displays the lights from two Output cards (Output words O:2 and O:3, but these can be changed as needed).

This was a project from a young lady, but she has graduated so will not mind you taking a peek at her program!

The ZIP file is the RSLogix PLC pgrogram. The PDF is a print-out of the PLC program, and the DOC file is an explanation of how each rung in the program works.