Shift Register.

jmcall10

Hi, I have built a ladder diagram using gx developer and the mitsubishi fx0.

Basically it cycles the LED's from 0 thru 7 turning them off and on. Like the famous "night rider" sequence.

At the moment I am using timers and turning on one LED at a time.

However I know this can be shortened using Shift Registers. Would someone be able to help me on this?

Regards,

jmcall10

PS I have posted my ladder logic.

2yzcshg.png

A shift register will move the first bit in a direction when you give is a pulse bit.
I have attached an Omron shift reg info sheet.
Basically when the DATA BIT is Pulsed it transfers into the register. the bit needs to change state before the next pulse for your sequence.

Just a quick solution using shift registers(Mitsubishi's are not my strongest PLC's).

The outputs cycle Y000 to Y007 then back from Y007 to Y000 Continually. ('knight-rider' style)

It's Started by X000 and Stopped by X001
The K2Y000 references the outputs as 2 Nybbles (2x4 bits)

It possibly could be a little more elegant, but it will suffice to hopefully give you an insight to shift registers.

Steve

Last edited:
Just a quick solution using shift registers(Mitsubishi's are not my strongest PLC's).

The outputs cycle Y000 to Y007 then back from Y007 to Y000 Continually. ('knight-rider' style)

It's Started by X000 and Stopped by X001
The K2Y000 references the outputs as 2 Nybbles (2x4 bits)

It possibly could be a little more elegant, but it will suffice to hopefully give you an insight to shift registers.

Steve
File is corrupt.
i did this with a shift register for a light display.
[sftl x0 yo k10 k1]
y0 to y11 and shifts 1 output at a time.
Remember no output 8 and 9 in mitsubishi.
You could use a drum sequencer.

Chizzler,

My apologies, the files were zipped with Winrar not Winzip, as the forum doesn't recognise the extension *.RAR I renamed it With the .zip extension.
Winrar will open most compressed file types

Steve

Hey Goody,

Actually I have learnt a lot from this ladder and using shift registers. Originally I had timers doing the same job that can now be minimised :) Thanks for everyones help.

jmcall10

Hi Goody,
It seems to be the way these days.
I am using my other notebook at the moment.
The wife is on FB with mine.
SO is my copy of Mits Software.
That is why I sent the OMRON INFO.

I wonder what happens when programmers are actually challenged by a program AND
Cant go on line???

Goody,

I have been in contact with the original poster via private mail
Shift registers are not the easiest things to understand and to be honest the manuals are not really clear.

I have given a step by step explanation broken down in layman's terms

My understanding is this is a learning forum and I hope that jmcall10 has taken all on board.

Steve

Having had to teach a number of people the "JINGLISH"
for some PLC manuals I do Understand.
But how do we know how far in depth we actually need to go.
By handling it personally the info you have assisted jmcall0 with is not also available to this site.
I have done the same earlier and had since posted the discussions I had had with the OP
We need the OP's input so we all know how far to assist.
Learning is important
Giving all the answer does not help

I had assumed that jmcall0 would attempt the program and then post questions to procede further.
Steve - you have helped jmcall0 but not helped others.
a mistake that I am trying not to repeat myself