SNP communication

yusli99

Hi Guys,

I am using GE Fanuc PLC at our Plant. I like to know about SNP communication between Versamax to 90 series PLC. :unsure:

Tq

Hi,

from the GE manual GFK0582C:

The SNP Protocol is a proprietary serial communications protocol developed by GE Fanuc
for communication between PLCs and related equipment. The protocol is a set of
rules that establish and maintain a communication link between SNP master and SNP
slave devices.
SNP is a half-duplex protocol that uses the RS-485 (enhanced version of RS-422) and
RS-232 electrical interfaces. The built-in SNP slave device in each Series 90 PLC CPU
uses the RS-485 interface. The CMM module provides both RS-485 and RS-232 interfaces.
(See Chapter 3 for more information on the CMM electrical interface.) SNP devices
may be connected in a direct point-to-point (one master and one slave) or multidrop
(one master and multiple slaves) arrangement. Only one master may be on a
multidrop link. When multiple slave devices exist on a multidrop link, each slave is addressed by a unique SNP ID.

regards
Phil McKay
TRESCO INTERNATIONAL (AUST) PTY LTD
Silvan, Vic, Australia