Analogue Input scaling in a S5 CPU942b

MartinW

Hi all you gurus,

I've got a CPU942b which is reading an analogue input, and scaling it, but I'm getting odd results.

In short, what the code is doing is (I'm shorthanding it because it uses lots of DO instructions)

L PW128
SLW 1
SRW 4
T FW218

Now to my simply brain, this means that the resulting value in FW218 should be scaled 0-10V = 0-2048

However when I monitor FW218 it shows a value of 2812

The only other places that FW218 is used are for read/comparison.

What would happen if, say, I had 13V instead of 10V going to the analogue input card. Would it discard the "extra" 3v or would it read 21294 instead of 16384?

Thanks

Martin

The answer is that the input was indeed receiving 13V. It wasn't supposed to; it's fed with a 10V supply.....but that's another story.

Thanks all.

Martin