Add ON Instruction in rslogix5000

md.abdullah

hello all
i am new to the rslogix5000 and working on AOi
while on my work i founded that in the AOI its easy to use but when i used it.it take me some real bad feel that in this timer is working but dont show its working in the AOI
while i make some reference to show this timer out side the logic of AOi then there its working. also i used fsc in AOI but it always show 0 founded in the array while this one used in the main program its working fine and gives me what ever i made the logic in main program.
can any one give me some idea about Aoi or some document where i can clear my confussions? what type of instruction can i use in AOI and some basic knoledge about AOI
thank you

thanks dost
i have seen it but still in confussion
i have used fsc in AOI but its not searching any element of an array
but if i use this one to main program its working
i want to know how AOI scaned and what is problem it does not seaching
i have added another thread related to this problem
thanks agian

As requested by Ken Roach in your other Thread.

"Export and post the AOI and Forum members can have a look at it"

Or Post your PLC Code. (Zip them before posting - Forum Rule).

Otherwise, no one is going to be able to help you.

Stu....

also in add on instruction if i give timer to run 50ms but it did not run 50ms while 2s it runs
can any one say what is going in the add on instruction
and what is the basic funda of add on instruction

What is "timer"? What is "control"?

It seems that those are controller scoped elements, which means that you can only instantiate a single copy of your AOI.

Your timer preset is also showing as 10ms, not 50ms.

What scan mode is your (broken) AOI code running in?

-----------

Why am I even responding?

I have only briefly looked at this, but I have two concerns.....

1. you have programmed a Timer to reset your FSC. Is this an attempt at a watchdog timer ?

I believe you are mistaken in the way the PLC operates, specifically in the way instructions are executed.

The FSC will execute completely before the next instruction is executed, and therefore does not need a watchdog timer.

2. you have programmed a RES of the FSC from the .FD bit. Doing this will reset .POS to zero, so you will lose the position value that the FSC is trying to find in the expression.

IMHO until you have a better understanding of how the built-in instructions operate, and how to use them, any attempt at using code in Add-On Instructions will be a battle.

Last edited:
thank you daba and all
but when i am trying to execute this logic in main program
then its running fine...why its not running in AOI logic
the timer has given preset 10ms but its accumulator show 1.5s in the AOI...
what is problem in the AOI???/

You will have to post the complete (zipped) program to get the answer you are looking for, I cannot work it out from what you have posted...