Stuck on andon project

dmcguire

I need some help with some programming or maybe just another way of looking at attacking this problem. I'm using a Direct Logic D0-06DR for starters. The andon project I'm working on will control lights/audio signals and an LED message board. No problem with the light/audio or even the message board for that matter. The problem is that I have 13 stations (8 have 2 buttons) (5 have 1) wich each button will send a different message to the LED board "station 1 off" "station 1 assistance" and so on. That's a ton of combinations if I have to use all the open/closed contact combinations. (side note: I have to use one shots to "PRINT" the message to the board because it needs to reset each time it gets a message) Any suggestions on what to try or maybe a differet way to go?

Not really clear on your question.

Are you trying to make the message scroll or something?

Example:

Station 1 Down
Station 2 Needs assistance
Station 3 Up

can you post what you have allready are you using the print command in directsoft to do this?

Investigate the use of the VPRINT command to build the desired string to send out to the display. The word "Station" could be a constant part of the message with the station number and possibly the status being changable.

What are the types of status of each machine can you have?

I attached a print screen of the program. I can make the message scroll/flash using the specific command codes required. In the PRINT box you'll see "^B00^ACSRADGJMPSV^C"...... I already have all the messages on the signs memory, I just have to recall them using the message displayed. ^B00^ACSR tells the sign I want to run a sequence "ADGJMPSV". Bernie, would I just PRINTV say "A" to a specific memory location when "Station 1's" switch is turned on and every additional switch. Then VPRINT the given memory range?

It's ok. Maybe you can help me with the PRINTV command. If I PRINTV "^B00^ACSR^C" (This is everything the sign needs to dispaly a file or files in a sequence - less the file names after the "R" and before the "^")on a first scan to V2000, Is there a way that I can PRINTV or insert a file name "A" into that specific location when I turn on a switch?