S5/ S7 Software

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has Anyone Used or Recomended the S5/S7 Software From software toolbox. I currently use STEP 5 Ver 7.2 I beleive Rather difficult At times. We have a New Machine with a S7 314. Is it the S5/S7 software recomended better worse than siemmens Software.. Looking for Input.. Thanks

I'm a proponent of Software Toolbox. They usually do a good job selecting their packages. Unfortunately, I've never used their S7 package so I have no idea how it compares to the "real" Siemmens program. Good luck, though.

I have used "S5 for Windows" (from IBH Softec actually) many years ago.
Certainly much easier to get into that the clunky old STEP5 with its CP/M roots.

As for "S7 for Windows" I think it is usable, but does not cover all and everything that the real STEP7 does. But if you are comfortable with "S5 fpr Windows" then it might be easier and cheaper to buy the upgrade to S5+S7, than to buy a full Siemens STEP7. There is also a free STEP7 LITE, which may be enough for your needs.