AB Servo Torque Units

JDCROCKETT724

I am trying to use the torque feedback from a servo to thread a bolt to x in-lbs. I am using a kentix drive and rslogix 5000. It is my understanding that the torque feedback is a percentage of the rated torque of the motor. Do I simply take this rated torque and percentage to calculate the torque, or is there a simpler way of doing this via parameters or something within the PLC?

Thanks in advance

havent checked but I think:
Somewhere in the servo properties there is a conversion factor %/Nm
If Not then 100% torque is MOTOR continuous torque rating

You also have to look at the drive rating. Basically, the torque percentage is the smaller of the two values (drive limit, motor limit). Take a look at the code inside the AOI, there are about 4 different scenarios how this plays out.