Upgrade Intellution

mapman88

Hi All,
I have three nearly identical pieces of equipment controlled by GE PLC's using 90-70 version 7.05. Unit 1 and Unit2 have plc rack mounted VME955 computers that run Windows 3.1 and Intellution 5.6 for an HMI. Unit 3 has a standalone desktop running Windows NT and Intellution 6.1. I would like to upgrade Unit 1 and Unit to to where Unit 3 is. At least get to CD's instead of floppy disks. I see adding an ethernet card to Unit 1 and Unit 2 as necessary to connect to a desktop. Any comments on doing this? I am an Allen Bradley guy, I&C Tech, and I have been given this older equipment to maintain, and I thought it would be a good learning step to try something like this. It doesn't run too often, and of course the company doesn't want to spend any money on it.