SLC 5/05 default IP address

I don't think there is one. You'll need to set it either by going online using the serial port or use BOOTP.

Default is for it to use Bootp enabled and DHCP enabled so it is looking to be given a IP adress from the netwrok it is connected to. Those are the first 2 things I turn off when I set one up.

Thanks,
It is a machine that is already in service and running, so I cannot take it offline. The genious who built it used a 5/05 and connected that to an adapter so he could use a Rs232 panelview which is so slow it is like watching last weeks data.

What is the Ethernet port being used for? What's it connected to? If you can find what it's connected to, you at leat might find out the Ethernet address it's on.

I found it in the channel config, my pc updated so slow because Im using DH485 off the AIC adapter, I skipped right over that tab. The processor is only connected to the AIC module for comms with the PV and the DH485 comm port for your pc. They did not use the ethernet for anything, I think Im going to at least put a new comm port on the machine so I can actually see whats happening in realtime. Thanks again