Need help with Hardware and Software requirements please

AFwcxx

Hi,
This is a project that i'm currently working on. I have completed the flow chart of the process and now i'm in need of help of the Hardware that needed to implement in my process.

The project plan: (Small library (not books ya) auto event log database, no need to write down their name at the information counter. just tag the I.D)

The process:
1. A personnel have to tag their ID and choose on the keypad input whether to return or borrow the stuff. This will transfer their ID details into the database along with status return or loan.
2. The shelf is using a manual locking system, therefore a "lock" sensor will detect weather its unlock or locked.
3. The personnel will then take the stuff. An "Object" sensor will detect if the stuff has been taken or return back on its place.
4. Once the its been return or borrowed. The personnel will then re-lock the shelf and this will send a data to the database for time and date which will combine with their ID that they have tagged earlier.

Software i'm using for ladder diagram:
OMRON CX-Programmer

Inputs:
1.Object Sensor
2.Manual Lock Sensor
3.Personnel I.D tag sensor (smartcard alike)
4.Keypad to choose between (Return and Loan)

Output:
1. LED on the rack
2. Alarm
3. Beeping Sound (Any will do..use to notify the personnel)

My Questions:
1.What are the hardware needed to incorporate with this system besides the input that i have already lay out. I could think of CPU, RTU (if i wanna make it wireless), Personal Computer obviously. (Details of hardware needed that you recommend with it's purpose is really appreciated)

2.What are the software needed to make the log database so i can keep a history on all events thats going on with the personnel ID, date, time, stuff status weather return or borrowed?

3. Is it necessary to use only hardware products from OMRON or do i have other options to integrate with my CX-programmer? Like other brands from japan or china or siemens?

4. What kind of PLC should i be consider using? I find this system is pretty simple compared to automobile, heavy industry and power plant system. Do Recommend the manufacture as well.

Thanks very much :)

3. Is it necessary to use only hardware products from OMRON or do i have other options to integrate with my CX-programmer? Like other brands from japan or china or siemens?
No, you can use other brands of sensors and keypads. You should ptobsbly stay with Omron Input and Output modules for the Omron PLC.

For help with the other stuff, most likely someone is going to want a little monetary reward to get into that kind of detail - much research work.

Last edited: