Control Logix and Allan Bradley Touch Screen

jamalshahid

PanelView 550 Monochrome ( Allen Bradley)
2711-T5A20L1</SPAN>
Using Control Logix

1756-PA72
Power Supply

1756-ENBT
Ethernet Module

1756-L63
Processor

1756-IA16
AC Input 16-P

1756-OA16
AC Output 16-P

1756-IF6I
Analog Input

1756-IF6I
Analog Input

1756-IR6I
RTD Input

1756-IR6I
RTD Input

1756-N2
Slot Filler

1756-N2
Slot Filler

PTS and RTDS.

1) My question is How to communicate this touch screen with control logix. How can I display values of logic on Touch screen?
2) Is it possible to check programe logic on emulator as I am using control logix first time and I have no idea how to test this program without machine?
3) How to do settings of touch screen with logic?
Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks

First, I cannot confirm that your panelview part number is good... 2711-T5A2L1 is a valid part number. If that's what you have, then the comm port on the panelview is DH485. If that is what you have, then you will need an adapter between the ControlLogix and the PanelView - either a 1747-AIC or a 1761-NET-AIC.

Thanks for your reply. What part number you want me to buy. I need ethernet in Panel view 550 that's why i selected this part.

Customer requirement is Panel View 550

Ethernet is not an option with a PanelView 550.

2711-T5A16L1 will give you RS232, but there are no options for ethernet.

First, the PanelView terminal.

That part number is in fact a PanelView Standard 550 terminal, with EtherNet/IP.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/1239781/1670480/1681260/tab5.html

Is it capable of both unscheduled and I/O communications with ControlLogix controllers.

PanelView Standard terminals use configuration software called PanelBuilder32, and the current version of that software is version 3.83.

There are two good manuals to supplement the Online Help and the rather old User Manual for PanelBuilder32:

PanelBuilder32 Quick Start, Publication 2711-QS003

PanelBuilder32 Getting Results, Publication 2711-GR003.

There may also be some publications in the Knowledgebase that cover ControlLogix communications with PanelView Standard. Because ControlLogix connectivity grew over the years with PanelView Standard, don't get too concerned with old publications or publications that describe earlier versions of PanelBuilder32.

PanelBuilder32 does not have a test or emulation mode; you must have the physical PanelView terminal to run an application.

Now the other issues.

ControlLogix has a limited functionality emulator, called RSLogix Emulate 5000. This is a separate purchased and installed product that is not included in RSLogix 5000. It cannot test programs "as-is" with I/O configurations, but rather is meant to test smaller abstract pieces of code.

In general, the PanelView will read and write Tag values in the ControlLogix. You'll configure a Controller in PanelBuilder32, giving the software the IP address of the 1756-ENBT module and the Path to the controller (usually just "1 0" for a CPU in Slot 0).

PanelBuilder32 uses a Tag database that is separate from the RSLogix 5000 Tag database. For ordinary PLC/SLC/MicroLogix controllers, a PanelBuilder Tag is addressed to a Data Table element like "B3:2/1" or "N7:25" or "F8:11". For ControlLogix terminals, a PanelBuilder Tag is addressed to a ControlLogix Tag name, like "System_Main_State" or "Pump1.Start". As I recall, the PanelView terminals can only read Tags from the main Controller Scope database.

Thanks for the correction Ken.

I use ProposalWorks for building/checking part numbers. That part number is NOT coming up in my (recently updated) version of ProposalWorks...

Ken,
About 10 months ago, i did a similar project with a panelview 550 and there was not a clx tag base available and i had to map my tags to slc data table like B3:0, is it available now because the new version of panelbuilder or is it because he is using a panelview plus?

It's hard to keep the variations straight because PanelView Standard pre-dated ControlLogix and the connectivity between the two has evolved in a few steps.

The diversity of network options also mixes it up.

In general, I would choose the PLC/SLC Mapping method over any legacy network, including DH+, DH485, and DF1.

Over ControlNet or EtherNet/IP, you can address symbolic addresses in the ControlLogix.

Details, as always, are in the Online Help.

Thanks Ken
Now that i think about it the only comms available on the particular model of PV was DH485. So if i understand correctly. If my PV had ethernet comms then I would have been able to use RSLogix5000 tags?

Thanks guys for your inuts.

I have a question

Local:5:1.CH0PT1Inlet Gas Pressure(-30"Hg-0-100 PSIG)Local:5:1.CH1PT2Outlet Gas Pressure(-30"Hg-0-100 PSIG)Local:5:1.CH2PT3Prefilter Outlet Gas Pressure(-30"Hg-0-100 PSIG)
I am using pressure Transmitters. Do i need Scaling???
Someone told me i don't need scaling as it is built in module which i am using.

Right now i am just using MOV block for pressure transmitter. IS this right??

Please guide.

And also about RTD. How to deal with those.

I have noticed one thing ..if i am using processor 1769-L63 i need scaling but if i am using 1756 than i am not...please reply..

I need scaling or not..all the input/output modules and configuration is already mentioned in this thread. Thanks