Older S7 300 and MC Download

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a older 314 that I built for a customers as a trainer, all good... programmed and everything works great BUT, the customer wanted a MC, the only MC's I have are used so I am assuming that they have programs loaded on them ?

I have tried everything but cannot figure out how to download the program to the MC

If I power down and install the MC I lose my com's when I power back up the CPU, I have tried RAM to ROM and everything else that I could find, if I leave out the card and run off the battery it runs great, I have also tried a couple different cards and CPU's so I am 1000% positive it is ME and not the hardware

Is there a way to just clear the MC

I am also using Step7

ANY help would be great... I will try it again tomorrow

Thanks!

Unless you have a Siemens memory card reader, the only other way to to clear a memory card (as far as I know) is to browse to the CPU via accessible nodes. Then open the blocks folder, select all and then delete.

We met in Columbia SC
I use a field pg with a built in prommer
If you need assistance let me or Greg F know,
I can help

I have a older 314 that I built for a customers as a trainer, all good... programmed and everything works great BUT, the customer wanted a MC, the only MC's I have are used so I am assuming that they have programs loaded on them ?

I have tried everything but cannot figure out how to download the program to the MC

If I power down and install the MC I lose my com's when I power back up the CPU, I have tried RAM to ROM and everything else that I could find, if I leave out the card and run off the battery it runs great, I have also tried a couple different cards and CPU's so I am 1000% positive it is ME and not the hardware

Is there a way to just clear the MC

I am also using Step7

ANY help would be great... I will try it again tomorrow

Thanks!
Git, do a search for "MMC image" on here (Tisher for the posters name I think).
This was an old thread and helped out a lot of people,
Haven't used myself (yet!)