Communication with ML-1000

pravinshinde

Hi all,

I have one Ml-1000 I want to communicate with this PLC through serial port.

I do not know node address of this PLC,as someone has assigned node address to this PLC.

Due to this I am not able to get auto configuration successful msg.

Any solution for this ?

but i do not know previous node address...it will not give autoconfiguration successful msg
Ml 1000 has round type female connector

Last edited:
Make sure you set the device to be a SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView. In serial, the node address does not matter, I always use 0. Make sure you have the right comm-port selected.

I have total 15 PLC's.I am able to communicate with 14 PLC's.If I do not mention correct node address my laptop is not communicate with PLC.
What I observed is, I need to set correct node address.
As you suggest me I have took care of device selection and copm port.

RS-232 DF1 Devices

Then leave the "Station Address" in RSLinx at "0".

Depending on the ML1000 you have it's port can be configured for DH485.

Do you have it's offline file. If so take a look at the port configuration settings. Or post the file here.

Actually I have tried with different node address from 0-15,but it gave me no result.

I have attached old back up file but I am sure that PLC node address is other than 11.

Image.jpg

With the port on your ML1000 configured for DF1 Half Duplex Slave you will have to use
the "DF1 Polling Master Driver" in RSLinx.

Or if you have a series "D" or higher controller see pdf below for "Automatic Protocol Switching" feature. And use the DH485 driver ( will need a real serial port or a 1747-UIC for this.

Last edited: