Panelview Pluss 1000 programming question

gmarowski

I'm currently updating one of the Panelview programs at my plant, and I am hoping someone can answer a question for me.

In this program I have 4 different modes of operation. 3 of the modes use one setup screen, the forth requires another. The operator selects which mode he wants to use, then presses the "Setup" button provided to change operating parameters.

Is there a way to have the program decide, based on what mode is selected, which setup screen is used? Currently, the operator presses the setup button, and via a "GOTO" screen function. Is there a way to make that GOTO conditional.

Something like an IF-Then-Else type thing:

If MODE=1,2,3 then GOTO Screen A else GOTO Screen B

Hope I have explained it well enough. And thanks for the help. I don't use this forum much (although I should) but you guys have always been a great help in the past.

Create two GOTO buttons which point to the proper two screens. Use the visibility function (which uses the selected mode) to make the proper one visible. Then stack them on top of each other.

Thanks for the input Bernie, but I'm not sure I understand you fully.

I create 2 buttons, set one to visible and the other not visible, and then stack them on top of each other. Then how do I determine which one should be used?

My application, as it exists right now, has a 4 state - Multistate pushbutton to select the mode. So I do have a way of pointing to the correct screen via state. But how do I get the correct screen to come up from there? I don't see any way of using that information to select the proper screen?
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just checked out the GOTO button properties dialog and couldn't find anything tying the GOTO screen to a state of anything else?

Could it be because I'm using RSView 4 cpr7?, and that function is not available?

One of the two buttons points to the screen for the mode = 1, 2 or 3 state. The other points to the screen for the other possibility. Start out by jsut making the two buttons and veryfy that they go to the correct screens. Next we make it so that only one is visible at a time. When done you can stack them on top of each other to save screen space.

My statement wasn't too clear. The visibility of a given button will depend on the current mode selected. You said that one will be used if the mode is 1, 2 or 3. The other would be used if it is something else.

The multistate pushbutton is pointing to some tag. I'll call it "operating_mode".

The visibility for one would be (operating_mode = 1 OR operating_mode = 2 OR operating_mode = 3)

The visibility for the other would be exactly the same but set it to invisible if that test is true.

The visibility is set by right clicking on the given control, choosing 'animation' then choosing 'visibility'. Choose 'expression then use the controls to build the expression noted above. Once the expression is complete you will choose 'visible'. Copy the expression. On the other control again go to 'animation' and 'visibility'. Paste the expression but for this one choose 'invisible'.

Last edited:
Got it! Thanks a bunch Bernie. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now I can use the same function to reduce the number of buttons per screen, and mystify my boss to boot. Learned something new today! Always a good thing. Thanks you very, very much.