FTView ME display user that acknowledged alarm possible?

shilok

Is there a way to display logged in user that acknowledged alarm in alarm list of FactoryTalk View ME.
There are options to silence, acknowledge individual or all alarms etc, but I can’t seem to find a way to display who did all those actions.
How are you guys doing that?
Maybe some PLC code is needed is what I’m thinking right now (transfer user name to PLC then from PLC display it back to PV+).
Thanks for all the ideas.

It seems that FactoryTalk ME can't do this,
does anybody knows if something like Historian is needed?
Thanks again.

Is there a way to display logged in user that acknowledged alarm in alarm list of FactoryTalk View ME.
There are options to silence, acknowledge individual or all alarms etc, but I can’t seem to find a way to display who did all those actions.
How are you guys doing that?
Maybe some PLC code is needed is what I’m thinking right now (transfer user name to PLC then from PLC display it back to PV+).
Thanks for all the ideas.

Hmm, interesting idea.
One approach would be to use the "enter tag" for the Login request to move a unique number or "code" to an integer register. Then when an alarm is acknowledged, use the "enter tag" from the acknowledge button to trigger a multi-state indicator on your PV+ that gets it state value from the integer register where you keep the user ID code. You could also move the system date and time into a string simultaneously and display that information alongside your user ID display.

That's one route. There may be a way to do it all in FTView that is easier, hopefully someone like Ken will weigh in on this.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Thanks for a reply.
That's how I was planning to do this, unless there's an easier way (something hidden in FactoryTalk)
Regards

Thanks for a reply.
That's how I was planning to do this, unless there's an easier way (something hidden in FactoryTalk)
Regards

Another possibility is to use, in the PLC, an XIC of the "acknowledge tag" for each of your alarms, along with a EQU compare instruction for each of the user ID "codes" in your register to turn on bits in your program that act as another set of alarm triggers.

Something like:

XIC B3:0/0 (Alarm "A" Ack tag) and EQU N7:0, 1 (User ID Register) OTE B3:0/1 (Alarm "A" Ack'd by User "A")
XIC B3:0/0 (Alarm "A" Ack tag) and EQU N7:0, 2 (User ID Register) OTE B3:0/2 (Alarm "A" Ack'd by User "B")
etc.

B3:0/1 would be the first of your "Alarm Acknowledged" Alarm Triggers (Depending on how many alarms and user ids you have, this could end up being a lot of lines of code). You would then have to use a second alarm display and filter out all the normal alarms. You would also have to filter out the new alarms from the original alarm display.

The only advantage to doing it this way is at that the PV+ would do the time-stamping for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

One way you could get who acknowledged alarms on the panelview would be to add a tag to the ACK field for each alarm. The tag can just be a memory tag and does not need to be a PLC tag if you don't need to do anything with the acknowledgement in the PLC.

Then make the tag you used in the ACK field an alarm and decheck the boxes for display, audio and printing. For the description on the ACK tag alarm use somthing like "The alarm(s) were acknowledge by /*S:0 system\User*/".

The /*S:0 system\User*/ is an embedded variable that conatins the currently logged in user. This is added to the description by right clicking on the alarm description and selecting edit string.

One way you could get who acknowledged alarms on the panelview would be to add a tag to the ACK field for each alarm. The tag can just be a memory tag and does not need to be a PLC tag if you don't need to do anything with the acknowledgement in the PLC.

Then make the tag you used in the ACK field an alarm and decheck the boxes for display, audio and printing. For the description on the ACK tag alarm use somthing like "The alarm(s) were acknowledge by /*S:0 system\User*/".

The /*S:0 system\User*/ is an embedded variable that conatins the currently logged in user. This is added to the description by right clicking on the alarm description and selecting edit string.

That's a much simpler method, good suggestions on the memory tags and system\User tag, I didn't know about that one. That's the great thing about this site, you'll get one suggestion, then others will chime in and add something until usually a real good solution will take shape.