ESD files for Allen Bradley PLCs

emil

Can anybody inform me where I can find ESD files for devicenet for 1,2,3 and 4 axis 1394C Allen Bradley servo drives? I know that Rockwell site does not have any!

As Panic stated, the EDS files are in RSLinx. Not all EDS files are installed by default. I believe there is a tool for installing EDS files, but I don't remember exactly how to get to it (I'm at home now).

The easiest thing to do might just be to reinstall RSLinx and choose a Custom install so that you can pick the extra EDS files to install.

Be careful about installing all of the EDS files. I ran into a problem when I tried to install all the EDS files. It was a pain in the butt to fix too!

OG

1394 isn't a native DeviceNet product; you'll be attaching a SCANport/DeviceNet converter like the 1203-GK5 or 1203-GU6.

Have you tried the "upload EDS" function in the RSNetworx EDS wizard ? Many SCANport devices like the 1336 AC drive family will support that function.

A-B technical support can often also provide EDS files directly. Drop them an e-mail over the weekend.

Additional Info

The 1394C are connected to devicenet through 1203 GU6.
The RSnetworx upload function worked properly for 1336 and powerflex inverters but not for the servo drives. The "official" Allen Bradley route has already responded that no EDS files are available and that the customer should develope his own!!!

Anyhow, thanks for trying to help.

Emil