Slc500

g1956j

I have a SLC500 and I am having a problem communicating with it.
I get connected and it starts to upload the files but just before it finishes it gives me an error message that says something like wrong compiler or something like that, (I will have to look at it tomorrow if you need a more detailed description of the processor or error message).

My question is this, this processor has an EPROM in it, could this cause this problem?

Thanks in advance, GJ

Hey,

What are you using to communicate? RS232 cable? DH+? DH485?

To me it sounds like a possible RSLinx setup problem.
If it is ALB DF1 RS232 Driver setup just auto configure and it should pick it for you.
If you are using RIO or DH+ I would look at the configure CIP options under the Comm tab. Here you can set time outs and packet sizes for communication. Otherwise try and look at the diagnostics option to see if it is large file size vs slow processor issue.

The CIP Options issue is usually related to Online Edits with the MicroLogix 1100/1400 or SLC-5/05, rather than upload, and the error is always a timeout.

I agree that we need to know the model of controller, the network type, and the actual error message.

I am using RSLinx Clasic with a 1747-C13 cable with the 1747-UIC with the switch up to the RS485 position using the DF1 driver connected as per instructions for the UIC and it connect and sees the processor.

The processor is a SLC-500 fixed with a 2 slot expansion rack it comes
up with this information on the screen ....

Processor name SLC-500 6FF002-K

Processor type 1747-L40C/F
24 DC SNK In
16 RLY Out

Program Checksum 27cb

In RSLogix 500, I attempt to upload the program - It starts uploading the program, data file and just before it finishes, I get the Error from RSLogix 500 Upload Failed! Decompiler -> Unknown Error.

That's all I got I hope this helps.

Thanks Again GJ

That's the old compiler issue I described above. The upload utility is the only workaround I know about.

Lean on your distributor just a little. I used to grab folks TechConnect articles and software all the time, in exchange for an opportunity to talk about the importance of support with the purchasing and management guys.

In management's mind, they're saving money, especially if they don't see the cost to maintenance and the risk of downtime.