ATC Smartrelay to Omron ZEN 6in 4 out

jhart@dci

Have a job that the ATC unit has failed on. The replacement is an Omron ZEN with ladder programming. The ATC format was and gates and delay timers and reset timers.

Can't get timers to work on omron
Can't get internal relay to propogate thru ladder. ie mo is high on the simulator at a rung on the output but when used as an input on next line it is not high
I have a jpg of the simulatr but not sure how to attach to thread

thanks

Without seeing the program you will not get much help. There is a thread in the top end of the forum on how to attach files.

I can tell you that the ZEN does not scan the ladder the way an Allen Bradley PLC does. The ZEN scans all ladder at once from left to right. Personally I cannot visualize how this creates a 'race' condition as it would in an AB PLC. Perhaps you have the Omron ZEN version of a race condition happening. Find out if your original controller scans the ladder the same as the ZEN. If it does not, this may be your problem.

Shawn