Rockwell microLogic 1200 Ethernet

Dua Anjing

Hello ALL,
I have a job coming up where we will be using multiple Rockwell Micrologix 1200 PLC's with on-board ethernet. Can I read their IP address from within the PLC programme ? The programme in these 1200's will be Identical except for their IP address's. I am hoping to be able to detect their IP and thus move any location specifif data into a common area that cann be read by a Master PLC.

Now, If you have 1100 or 1400s, there is a status file for the ethernet communications you can read the IP out of yes.

But the only way I know to network the 1200s uses either the 1761-NET-ENI or something similar. I don't believe you can query those from the serial side..

You could be correct Dravik, I'm not sure of processor model etc. but I am sure that it has ethernet on-board. Havn't got the parts yet I'm just trying to get logic etc planned out. So I should be able to find the actual Staus register address inteh CPU manual then ? Thanks for your help

The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 have an "ES" Function File that includes the Ethernet port status.

Words ES0:09 and ES0:10 include the four octets of the IP Address.