Ab plc-5 dh+

eams2010

I've a DH+ network connecting more than 20 AB PLC-5. I use the usb to DH+ converter (1784-U2DHP) to monitor and troubleshoot problems. when the DH+ cable is pluged in to the network the Rslinks does not see any of the PLCs on the network however the network for the m/cs is healthy and all m/cs are running. only when I disconnect the network from the PLC that I'm pluged in to, only then the RSlinks can see that one PLC and communicate withno problems. I've changed the lead, PC and I've tried to plug in to another PLC and the result is the same. Can any one help please? Thanks

I've a DH+ network connecting more than 20 AB PLC-5. I use the usb to DH+ converter (1784-U2DHP) to monitor and troubleshoot problems. when the DH+ cable is pluged in to the network the Rslinks does not see any of the PLCs on the network however the network for the m/cs is healthy and all m/cs are running. only when I disconnect the network from the PLC that I'm pluged in to, only then the RSlinks can see that one PLC and communicate withno problems. I've changed the lead, PC and I've tried to plug in to another PLC and the result is the same. Can any one help please? Thanks

Perhaps the node # of your RSlinx DH+ converter is the same as an existing node on the network.

What do the status indicators on the USB device tell you? See PDF below.

I would try a very high node address e.g. 63. It can't hurt.

What do the status indicators on the USB device tell you? See PDF below.

I would try a very high node address e.g. 63. It can't hurt.
Thank you,
I found the problem. There was short in the wiring of the DH+ network. What makes me confused that the netwotk was healthy and all machines were running and communicating with each other with the present of the short in wiring !!!

Thanks for coming back with your solution. Good to hear all is well now.

The addition of one more node may have tipped the network over the edge.