Omron plc communicate with weighier indicator through rs 232

ckiat

Hi,
My lecture assign a project to us,
but is over ours capability seeking help from you guy.
He want us to make one check weighier using plc omron.

We meet a problem ,
1.how to program the plc ,to sent the command ,to ask the weighier transmitter check the load? by using send command and any setting required?

2.how to program the plc ,to receive the value given by the weighier indicator ?by using recv ?

the plc we use ,omron cpm1h and the
weighier indicator (rinstrum 1203)-http://www.rinstrum.com/downloads/8/26/1203-601-120%281up-normal%29.pdf

Thank for Reply !!

Last edited:
Hello
You need to use the TXD instruction to send a message to the scale to ask for a measurement. The manual doesn't describe the specific commands it uses, but typically, may be something like "S<cr>". You need the manual, though.

The reply will be someting like "12.34g<cr>". Again, you need the maual. The CP1H instruction set has some excellent STRING to REAL instructions.

To receive, you need the RXD instruction.

Is the PLC a CP1H or CPM1 - your part numbers are confused.
Pp