WinCC Picture Windows

Gaynor

Hi there...this is a Siemens WinCC SCADA question, rather than PLC.
By clicking on object on the base page I want to open a picture window. Within that picture window there are 2 other picture windows (let's call them pw2 and pw3)

I need to pass the name of the object as a tag prefix to both pw2 and pw3.
I am really struggling. Not that knowledgeable about VB!

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Here is an example of one I made earlier that sets a tag prefix. The objWindow.picturename = "PictureName" line is important to refresh the window. Bear in mind that you can't set the tag prefix until after the picture has been loaded, you will have to set the tag prefix using the "On Load" event of the parent picture.

Nick

Code:
Sub OnObjectChanged(ByVal Item)  
Dim Page, objTag, i, MyValue, myString
Dim objScreen, objWindow
i=1
Set objTag= HMIRuntime.Tags("iStepPage")
objTag.Read
Page = objTag.Value
If Page <1 Then
    Page =1
End If
If Page >7 Then
    Page =7
End If
myValue = ((page-1) *10) + i
myString = "Text_Step_"&CStr(myValue)
Set objScreen = HMIRuntime.Screens("RecipeInProduction")
Set objWindow = objscreen.ScreenItems("PictureWindow"&CStr(i))
objWindow.tagprefix = myString
objWindow.picturename = "A_Step"

Set objTag = Nothing
Set objWindow = Nothing
Set objScreen=Nothing

End Sub

It was quite late in the evening when I posted that reply, the first part is associated with building the string that will become the tagprefix. Maybe the code below is a little less scary.

Code:
Dim objScreen, objWindow

Set objScreen = HMIRuntime.Screens("ScreenName")
Set objWindow = objscreen.ScreenItems("PictureWindowName")
objWindow.tagprefix = "TagPrefix"
objWindow.picturename = "PictureName"

Set objWindow = Nothing
Set objScreen=Nothing
P.S. Don't forget to set your objects to "Nothing" when you've finished with them.

Nick