Micro logix help.

WHYGUMBY

I am very new to programing and have a basic knowledge of ladder logic and am in need of some guidence.
Below is the sequence of event that i am trying to get past right now.

when the operator presses a Tare pushbutton once, the HMI will show an alert over the respective Tare value, telling the operator to press the Tare button again. on the second push, the PLC will energize the respective output to Tare that reactor.

I have set up my coms assigned all inputs to bits and same for outputs.

I assume I want to use some type of counter to read when the push button is pressed 0,1,2 and relate the screen to that value by state of {TAG_NAME}.

How do I reset counter to 0 after the tear weight out put closes.

Should I even be going this route I will do this 6 times in the program.

Thank you for any help with this ahead of time.

It would help if you could post your logic and the type of hmi and program you are using

Sorry I should have mentioned I am using a micro 1100 comunicating with a red lion G310S230 touch screen. The screen
will only be a display it will be behind lexsan glass in an enclosure. The red lion will talk with the jag x scale controler via 232 and talk with the plc (micro) via ethernet.
As far as logic goes I have only assigned bits to the inputs and outputs in an I/O mapping ladder. I have tried to use a few differnt types of commands but cannot make it do what I want.

will the tare push button be a real world input? or hmi or on scale?
I have no experince with the g3 but this info will be helpfull to those that do.

the tear buttons will mounted in cabinet door wired to plc inputs. When you press the button once it will light up dsiplay with which scale you selected out of the 6 push buttons.On second press it will close a relay output in plc to make set of contacts from jagx controller for that channel sending tear weight signal to jagx. Below is the info I have been given by my new supervisor who is a total _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (umm you fill in the blanks). I have been told that he is trying to set me up to fail but really hope I can use any availible options to accomplish this project and maybe get him off my back. And not have to return to a designer position where he wants me to be. I know there is a lot to do on this project but I need to just take it one step at a time. Thanks for the help on this.

yes, please install Crimson v 2. once installed, there may be an update available on the internet (from the Help menu). DONE

attached is the Crimson 2 file for the Red Lion screen that is installed out at Weatherford. this is the 6" HMI screen (G306), but it functions the same as the 10" will (at least for all of the communications with the JagX). will need to start a new Crimson file, select the G310 screen, and either do export/import, or re-create all the same tags, code, screens, etc. I exported tags into .csv

for the attached Crimson program, the following will appear in the new G310:

Communications
Programming Port (Raw Serial Port driver)
RS-232 Comms Port (Raw Serial Port driver)
RS-485 Comms Port (not needed)
Ethernet Protocol 1 (Allen Bradley - DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP or DF1 Master... to be determined)

Data Tags
can import all that are in the existing G306 program

User Interface
can copy both existing screens (ScaleWeights and TestTareClear); these existing screens are for local monitoring (not currently used as an operator interface)

Programming
can copy/paste existing programs (RX_Port1, RX_Port_2, TX_Ports12)

Web Server
can also configure same as existing

for the JagX display panel, the existing JagX-HMI functionality will take care of communications to/from the JagX controllers over RS-232 cabling (RJ12 phone line cables into the G310 Programming and RS-232 ports and leads into the JagX controllers on RS-232 port 2).

the main screen that the operator will see will show the tare weights of the 6 reactors (3 rows, 2 columns). these will line up with the 30mm momentary pushbuttons on the left and right sides of the HMI window kit. the switches are wired as inputs to the MicroLogix 1100 PLC. 6 PLC outputs (relay contacts) shall be wired to the JagX controllers in groups of 3, each with a common.

when the operator presses a Tare pushbutton once, the HMI will show an alert over the respective Tare value, telling the operator to press the Tare button again. on the second push, the PLC will energize the respective output to Tare that reactor.

as for IP addresses, i'd recommend 192.168.1.11 for the PLC and 192.168.1.12 for the G310.
i'll look for other Red Lion HMI programs i've done. most are protocol conversion, data logging, and other behind the scenes applications, can't think of an actual operator interface app.

lemmie know if you'd like further info on the Red Lion side of things.

So there are six buttons and you can't use the HMI as a interface except for viewing.

Yes, a counter would work but since there aren't that many states to keep track of, you can do it without counters and just use states. In any case, with physical button and state selection, make sure you do some kind of anti-bounce logic (do a search for those).

As for the reset, I would see if you can add physical buttons for those. If you can't do that, you can simply use the hold-time of the PBs. Example, holding the button down for 5 seconds continously would trigger a reset.

With these in mind, post your logic, even in psudo-codes and we can help you out.

Never have been the best at spelling. Thanks maybe Now I will not spell it wrong on display and look like a real ******* will leave that for when my stuff doesnt work.

Ok I have made an attempt at this. You seasoned programmers dont laugh to much this is the first bit of logic I have ever written. And I am pretty sure there is an easy way to do this or at least more efficiant.

Please take a look any suggestions are greatly wanted and needed.

Once I figure out how thw Redlion screen works I will link banner indicators off of {R1_IND}

Take a look at your reset logic. I am pretty sure you do not want to do that. Unless I am missing something your counter only resets when you hold the Tare button down for 5 seconds.

Also you have your Output latching but I do not see an unlatch. That will be a problem also.

Take a look at .TT function for your timer. This can be used to hold your output in for a second.

For the counter reset I would have 2 seperate paths. The first would be when your hold in timer T4:2/DN turned on.

The second is not part of your description but I would have another timer T4:1 is now available. This timer would run when your counter was greater than 1 and when this timer was done you would reset your counter. What this does is if someone presses the wrong Tare button it will allow that button to go back to the first stage.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I spotted a few issues:

In general, I would stay away from using latchs as new programmer, too many pitfalls. You have many latches that's not being properly handled.

The debounce logic needs work. In your case, it's more complicated, you need a way to differentiate a reset push button vs a regular push button. Your action to trigger the reset looks fine so the challenge is to construct logic for a regular push button action. This is more difficult so I'll give you a head start.

Something like this:

If Timer > X AND Timer < Y then PB Action.

However, you only do the above when the button is released. You can even use the same timer as the Reset timer by copying the ACCoumated value of time into a buffer variable.

If Timer ON then COPy Timer.Acc into buffer