Controllogix String Tags

rajy2r

I have a bunch of string tags in the PLC that i need to populate. Only way i know how to do this is to type each tag in the tag editor.

Is there a more efficient way of doing this? I have a Panelview 1000, maybe i can load it from the panelview into the PLC somehow?

Would greatly appreciate the help.

Do you have a licensed copy of RSLinx that supports DDE? That is (I beleive) anything grater than lite. Then you could write a VBA macro in Excel to populate the tags. I have done this in the past.

I'll look when I have a chance. Also you could try this:

54946 - RSLogix5000 Data Preserve Download Tool

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 09/08/2008 02:32 PM
Last Updated: 04/22/2011 10:46 AM

This is designed to preserve data when downloading a program to a ControlLogix. It should work for you to populate your string tags.

Also I forgot to mention, You'll need to be online with the processor to use either of these methods. I thought there was a thread on this forum that someone exported tha ACD file to a L5K and added the tag values there and re-imported. You might want to search.

Last edited: