Problems connect to 400 H CPU MPI/Profibus

grebbs

Hi,

I have a new Siemens 400H-CPU. On the rack there is a power module, a CPU and an ethernet card. I need to download the hardware configuration, however I cant connect to the CPU's MPI nor DP slot. On the profibus I have 3 IO nodes. I use step 7 and a CP5711 device.

In the "Set PG/PC interface" I've tried the CP5711 Auto/MPI/Profibus interfaces. With the IO nodes connected and not. Non works.

When selecting MPI and Profribus and DON'T tick "PG/PC is the only master on the bus" I get error code "0x013a" when running diagnostics (finding nodes).

When selecting Profribus and DO tick "PG/PC is the only master on the bus" I find the 3 IO nodes on the bus but NOT the CPU. And I get no error.

I've removed the SRAM memory card from the CPU. I've done a memory reset. Nothing seems to help.

Do you have ideas of what could be the cause? Ideas to test?

Thank you for help!

Regards Andreas

More info:

In the "Status/Network diagnostics" I get error: "Error 0x031a: No active PROFIBUS/MPI network found...." when connected to the profibus port.

Hi,

Here's an update.

In the small town I am at now, I found a automation company. They had a computer with a CP5512 interface card in it which I was allowed to borrow today. With that the profibus port on the CPU was still totally dead. However, the MPI was alive. With that I was able to download hardware configuration. After downloading that the profibus port went alive - also with the CP5711! The ethernet card also works, so now I can use ethernet only.

Cheers :)