Web publishing

hanlonmi06

Hello,

Is there a quick and dirty way to create a webpage and publish to it somehow out of a PLC?

Maybe that's an oversimplified question, but where I am getting this is in the ML1100 series I thought you could order it with built in web publishing capability. I've never created a webpage, I don't know the first thing about doing so, but I get asked a lot to glean information out of the PLC for management purposes and sometimes it would really help to be able to present a real, live changing value or some such rather than type up an email or some other manual form of presenting the information.

We have a flat screen set up in a conference room where I connected the laptop today and was able to run FT Studio with a PV1250 display in 'test' running a data trend; it made the conversation so much easier. It would be nice to expand on that idea somehow, but I don't know where to begin.

We have web developers and an OPC where all kinds of data is crunched and presented, but I am looking for something quick n' dirty for 1 or 2 days worth of running, then deleted.

A microLogix 1100 does have a web page to get to it connect your laptop Ethernet to the MicroLogix .
Open a web browser and in the address bar type the Ethernet address of your MicroLogix 1100

Now you then need to look at what you get, to see if you have what you want.

With a slc 5/05 and the right firmware you can do that. It has a webpage like the micrologix.

The contrologix does not becuase the plc is not ethernet enabled. On contrologix you usa a enbt or similar to connect via ethernet.

A web page is just text, so anything that can push out text can 'publish' a web page. The difficult part is getting your PLC to respond to typical port 80 requests with your custom text.