RSLinx will not install

martin1

I hope someone can help me.

I have tried installing RSLinx a couple of times but it will not install. It will say that the installation was successful but on the start menu all that shows up under the RSLinx folder is the EDS Hardware Installation Tool, nothing else.

I have the latest version of RSLinx Enterprise & FactoryTalk Service Platform along with RSLogix 500.

I am running Win7 ultimate, also winxp on my virtual hard drive.

Martin, please post your installed Rockwell Software type and revisions, in detail.
The same for your Operating Systems, complete version and service packs.

- fuzzy logic

You mentioned RSLinx Enterprise. That software should not be confused with RSLinx Classic. Enterprise cannot be run separately and will not show up in your Start menu. Enterprise is configured and called from within another application like FactoryTalk View ME/SE.

What you should be looking to install is RSLinx Classic. That is the software your RSLogix software will use. It will show up in your Programs list in the Start menu.

OG