A-B HSC programming problems

Robotroc

Hy guys,

I have a problem can you help me ? Well .. i have an CompactLogix L45 processor and a HSC module but i don't know how tu use de Z input. In the datasheet of the module say when Z=1 the counter goes to HOLD mode. Can somebody explain to me how can i make the Z=1 ? Can i put from my RsLogix 5000 software the InputZ = 1 ? I have an Allen Bradley encoder too.

I whant to make a counter that counts for example ..1 2 3 4 5 an now to put Z=1 to hold the 5 value on stand by and after to put the Z=0 to continue counting.

Regards,

If u can help me i am waiting tour message in private or on in this thread.

Yes that i know but i what to know how can i look up the encoder pulses when i whant and unlook them after some time. Is that possible ? I whant to look up the counter after 12 complete rotations and relase them after 1 min.
Thank's

Yes but i want when i count for example 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, when i put on hold ( Z=1 ) i whant to stay in 5 value and when a release hold ( Z= 0 )i want to continue counting from 5 and after 6, 7, 8, 9, etc .

1,2,3,4,5,hold hold hold 6,7,8,9, etc

If it is possible software can u give me and example please ? I want to make this from RsLogix5000 only without having to tie INPUT Z to the HSC. I hope I was more explicit now

Thanks,

Once again Z comes from encoder and can not be manipulated. What you need is a counter and when that counter is done then you can do whatever you want. have you read 1769-HSC manual ??

Yes, I read but somehow still fail to use when I want the HOLD (not once per revolution). I still have problems but I think are going to solve them. I think I need to find a solution to activate the Z input of another source of external 24V when I want.

Thank's a lot