S7 indirect output assignement of I/O

ahmed megahed

Dears
I checked in my symbol data there as example Q12.5 with some description
but when iam checking this in cross referance there is no reference for that output and iam sure this output is working.
and i came to know that this output is in datablock 101

my question is how i can know this output is linked to such datablock.

The output word could be loaded and transfered to the Data word ?

e.g
L QW12
T DB101.DBW0

Something like that maybe ?
I do that sort of thing if I want access to the output word in a SCADA project for monitoring.

To see if that is done in that way,
look in the reference data
Menu Options / Reference data/ display
And select "Assignment"
ref.jpg

And if i dont get this view, u can press this button instead,

ref2.jpg

And there you will see what is used in your program,
In this exemple i have:
QD 244
QW 248

And after that ýou can look in the cross-references for the right address.

Replay of S7 indirect address

Dears
thanks for interest
but
Dear Ason, attached is one pic. showing that Q12.5 assignment is clear as i told you i cannot find in cross referance but it is in symbol table ad in the other pic. and it is linked to DB101 by some way ???????? how i know this link

Dear PLCKEEF
sure it is not like this because if like this i will find in cross reference and it is a digital output

Q12.5.jpg symbol table.jpg

The code has to be analysed. If you would like assistance then:

Create a library in Simatic manager, insert an S7 program into the library, copy the blocks from your project to the library. Archive the library and post as an attachment.

Bear in mind that just because there is a symbol assigned to an output, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is being used in the code.

As LD says, to go any further with this you will need to post the code as a library. There are many ways that Q12.5 could be addressed.

;-)

Dears
Sure this output is assigned in the code by some way because the output is working on/off.
sorry to tell yo i cannot make such libirary because it is a matter of saving rights of the company
i will appreciate if you like to help telling me what is the possible ways that can happen to have this indirect output assignement.

thanks in advance

The ways that this output can be brought on have already been outlined in this thread mate. If you are confident enough with S7 you now have enough knowledge to try and find where the output is being brought on yourself.

If not, then I see no other way of getting help other than posting the code.

:-(