ControlLogix and S7-400 Communication via Ethernet

Maharu

Guys can you help me on how to use MSG instruction in CLX to send a message to S7-400? Please give me the steps on how to do it, starting from the configuration of MSG in CLX down to the necessary blocks and ladders to be created in Step7 programming.. Thanks!

Hi there,

Anyone correct me if I am wrong..
ControlLogix can use EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP as communication protocol.

S7-400 can do Profinet and maybe Modbus TCP. So as I see it, if no additional hardware is installed, you will need to configure the 2 PLCs to use Modbus TCP, where one will be master and the other slave.

The easiest way is probably to use a gateway between the 2 PLCs, such as EtherNet/IP slave to Profinet slave:
http://www.anybus.com/support/support.asp?PID=301&ProdType=Anybus X-gateway

//Patrick L

Hey friends..i am using Vijeo Citect SCADA software...can anyone please tell me how to Log Data using Microsoft Access Drivers...???

Guys can you help me on how to use MSG instruction in CLX to send a message to S7-400? Please give me the steps on how to do it, starting from the configuration of MSG in CLX down to the necessary blocks and ladders to be created in Step7 programming.. Thanks!

Nobody will be able to help you much because you haven't indicated that you have the necessary hardware to connect the two.

Hey friends..i am using Vijeo Citect SCADA software...can anyone please tell me how to Log Data using Microsoft Access Drivers...???

I believe this is called highjacking a thread.
You need to re-post this in a new thread.
You are likely to get better responses if you take the time to explain more about what you are doing and what you have sone yourseld to this point.

I have seen ethernet to Profibus converters.

I was on a Rockwell seminar just recently and they had a new module which has been designed specifically to 'talk' to Siemens PLC's but how it works I don't know. It might be a good idea to give your rep a call

Mark