SSI encoder - convert 25 Bit Gray to 24 bit gray

ggc

Does anyone know of a signal converter/encoder emulator/SSI display that will input a 25 bit SSI gray scale interface and output a 24 bit (or 26bit) SSI gray interface?

Background to the problem: Need a linear absoulte encoder that will work in close proximty to a resistance welding process (lot's of steel dust/ welding slag and magnetic currents) The Turck q-series meets these specs, however our preferred drive supplier (SEW-Eurodrive) has a set list of encoders that its absolute encoder card will work with, and they are all 24 bit (or 26bit for MTS Temposonics).

I have considered using an SSI-analogue converter, then an analogue to SSI converter to generate an appropriate signal. Loss of resolution through a signal converter should not be critical, the q-series has a resolution of 0.001mm, and the final position tolerance is +-0.5mm, but it seems like a pretty kludgy solution.
Ideally I would like to take the signal from the Turck q-series and emulate the output of a MTS Temposonics RP-x-xxxxM-xxx-1-S3Gx105, which is one of the supported encoders for the SEW-Eurodrive DIP11B card.

Any suggestions?