direct logic 405 / ez touch panel

e riley

I will be interfacing these two units on a up coming project. I have limited knowledge with direct logics plc's and no knowledge on ez touch panels. I need to no what blocks to use in plc and how they will be related to ez-touch. This will be a very basic touch screen with only about 5 buttons and a few alarm messages. I looked through the help sections but still don't get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First, download the EZ-Touch manual HERE and study it thoroughly. A-D's manuals are VERY good IMO... :nodi:

The EZ-Touch basically just reads/writes values in the PLC.

Things will make a LOT more sense once you have the hardware to experiment with. There are different ways to approach each project. You can use the PLC to change screens and display stuff, or you can do everything within the touch screen. Each way has it's advantages and disadvantages. This is one thing you'll need to think about when planning the project.

Once you get started, feel free to ask specific questions here.

beerchug

-Eric

EZ Touch

I was extremly pleased with the EZ Touch panels I used.
The software was very straight forward for Mitsubishi PLCs and
Allen Bradley

The Hula Girls shake as the program runs.
This was one of 8 menus.

ez01.jpg

Re: EZ Touch

DAE said:
The Hula Girls shake as the program runs

And let me guess... When an alarm occurs, it plays Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles"... :D

By the way, e riley, you can download a demo version of the EZ-Touch software (and DirectSOFT too!) by clicking HERE.

beerchug

-Eric

Hey dude. I programm these touch screens all the time. Once you get the right cable to interface the 2 you are half way there. You will want to set up the TAG DATABASE in the touch screen software. Of course this assumes you have set up the software for your model touch screen first and chose the right PLC to interface with etc... You really need to enter all the pertenant info in the data base first. For instance, if you want an indicator light to come on you can enter the data for it after you open up the menu for tag database. When in there you will start a new tag, enter in the "dev1000" NOT "internal tags", enter the name you want to call the tag, choose "discrete", at bottom choose "C" if you are using a contact in the PLC for example if you want a red ind light to come on when C20 bit is on then enter 020 in the box next to the "C". I am doing this from memory. Did I leave any thing out? Once you have entered all your discrete tags and other if you have any you can then go to making screens. make any sense? Dean